On 10th February, a week before BUCS Indoors, 14 of our athletes traveled to Sheffield to run in Sheffield Hallam’s event, the Steel Cup. The points-based event played host to many universities, with Nottingham placing 10th overall.
Women competing were: Ailsa Malcolm (200m), Victoria Reeves (200m), Katie Buckingham (800m), Beth Mortiboy (Triple Jump)
Men competing were: Olumide Ogunseitan (60m, Relay), Pierre Walker (60m, 200m, Relay), Seb Mathewson (60m, Long Jump, Relay), Nicholas Law (60m), Makun Madar (200m, 400m, Relay), Alex Bradford (1500m), Jack Millar (3000m), Thomas Wocial (3000m), Harry Ellis (Long Jump)
Special mentions to:
- Ailsa Malcolm, setting a new personal best of 27.93s in the 200m;
- Olumide Ogunseitan coming 3rd overall with a time of 7.13s in the 60m
- Beth Mortiboy, coming 2nd overall with a jump of 11.45;
- Pierre Walker, with a new indoor 200m personal best of 23.07s, as well as winning his 60m race;
- Makun Madar, for putting in a real shift, competing in the 200m, 400m and the relay
- Jack Millar and Thomas Wocial, running their first 3000m indoors, both setting new personal bests.
- Men’s 4x200m relay team who came a very close 2nd in their race.
All the best to all the runners competing in BUCS Indoors!
Videos from the Steel Cup are now also available on our Youtube channel!